MGCF Covid Phase 3 Plan - November 2020:
The MGCF in 175 Tan Hall is moving towards Phase 3 status. Most of you have been successfully working remotely and you are required to continue with that approach if that is adequate for your needs. However we understand that for some of you, the remote tools are inadequate to your needs. If you can justify on-site access to the MGCF, email us explaining your justification. We'll work with you to obtain approval and manage an access schedule. In Phase 2/3, a maximum of 4 people are allowed in the MGCF at one time. All users must be individually approved by Kathy.
Once you get approval to use the MGCF on-site, you are required to read the UC Berkeley COVID-19 Health and Safety Guide for Resuming In-Person Operations.
Review and comply with the requirements at the VCR Covid 19 Resources for Researchers.
Complete EH&S 207 through the UC Learning Center.
Complete a symptom screener for each day you intend to work on campus.
Dave and Kathy will continue to work remotely so you should make support and appointment requests as usual via email.
Each time you will work in 175 Tan Hall, fill out the
If you are working late, please consider the BearWalk service which can give you a safe escort back to your vehicle, the Night Safety shuttle and other services.
In 175 Tan Hall:
- All keyboards/mice are in boxes labelled: clean/sanitized or dirty/used. You will take clean items from the box and plug them into one the workstations.
- 4 workstations are available for local use. These are the 4 that are spaced farthest apart (wilma, gravel, energy, bobcat: these are labelled).
- When finished, unplug your items and put them in the dirty/used box, or follow the cleaning/disinfecting instructions and return to the clean/sanitized box. Kathy will be in 1 or 2 times per week to check on this.
- Use the provided sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes to clean the keyboard, mouse and nearby desktop area before/after use.
- No sneezing, sniffling, coughing, etc. Many of us have allergies but for now, any signs of illness means you cannot come to 175 Tan Hall and should be self isolating.
- All users must wear a mask while working in 175 Tan Hall. This protects others in case you are an asymptomatic carrier.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before coming into 175 Tan Hall.
- Follow social distancing rules in the MGCF by keeping at least 6 ft from other persons.
- Only the 4 labelled computers are available for local use (wilma, gravel, bobcat, energy).
- Please show courtesy to your peers while moving around the MGCF.
- Follow current local and campus restrictions, and safety measures.
- Follow of the College of Chemistry’s Health and Safety guidelines.
- No eating in 175 Tan Hall.
- This is an office space. Do not bring in lab equipment or chemicals. We are not equipped for chemical lab safety.
- Keep the area clean. If you spill coffee or make a mess, clean up after yourself. Take out your trash, recycling, etc.
- Turn out the lights if you are the last to leave.
- Make sure the door to 175 Tan Hall closes firmly behind you.